Saturday, May 31, 2014

Summer 2014 - Driving Up By Myself

Friday May 30 --
 OMG! I can't believe I drove up by myself! It was a hard drive but I'm so happy to finally be here. I left a bit before 11 am but had to detour when I set the GPS wrong and then I had to pee only like 5 minutes down the road from the house (nervous, much?). I drove the beltway to 50 to the Bowie, MD Barnes and Nobles where I stopped. I kind of freaked out but I kept going and went over the Bay Bridge. I got to Holly's by 12:50 pm. I took most of my turkey club sandwich with me. When I'm really nervous/stressed I can't eat, rarely happens...but sometimes it does.

I stopped in Denton, MD Royal Farms for a break and stopped an hour later at the antique store in Bridgeville, DE to see Diode, the store cat. I stopped again at the Royal Farms before Georgetown and then drove the rest of the way to the ferry. I got to the ferry (Lewes, DE) at 3:46 pm which is perfect for my 4:15 ferry. I stayed in the car until we boarded. I sat most of the way inside reading and closing my eyes. We docked on time and I was home by 5:55 pm. I unpacked and saw the neighbors. I organized my room and unloaded everything.
First sight of Cape May.

I went to the Wawa and had dinner from the Dry Dock. Fried clams were so good! I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green on the porch and then inside when it got too dark outside. It was very good and I finished the book. I showered, watched I Found the Gown and then went to bed.

Saturday May 31 --

I woke up today around 10:30 but I was lazy and didn't get out of bed until 11:30 am. I had a bowl of special K and left for the Acme. I shopped pretty quickly. Bringing the dry goods up saves both time and money. I had my Dry Dock leftovers and sushi from the Acme for lunch. After lunch I went over to Animal Outreach. I was there for about an hour and a half.

Henry (gray) and Charlie (black - Bobby & Polly's (my cats) brother!)

Jenn was in town and she met me at AO. We went back to the house after and hung out on the porch for a while. When Jenn left I had dinner. Snow crab legs, corn and salad, very good. I went down to Poverty Beach and went for a walk. Only found shells, no beach glass. I checked out the boardwalk shops, came home.

I made a batch of Ree Drummond's Chocolate Chocolate White Chocolate Chip cookies to bake for tomorrow. The dough is in the fridge! Enjoying this vacation already :)


So pretty!


xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment