Friday, July 11, 2014

End of Beach Time

I woke up around 9:30 am and got up at 10 am. Early for me. I packed and loaded my car for what felt like forever. I went to the Exit Zero store and bought the new Cool Cape May book and renewed our magazine subscription. I went down to the mall - what a zoo. Bought some taffy and peanut butter.

I picked up mom and dropped her off at Louie's to pick up cheesesteaks and onion rings for lunch. We ate on the porch even though it was hot. I put a few more things in the car and took a shower. I brought cookies I had baked to the neighbors and said goodbye to my neighbor Denise.

We left about 4 pm for the 4:45 pm ferry. It was crowded, so naturally the ferry was delayed leaving and didn't depart until about 5 pm. It was a smooth ride. We got off around 6:20 pm and I drove (dad as my co-pilot) to Jimmy's Grille for dinner. We had great fried chicken and brought home a slice of cake & pie for dessert.

We stopped I think 2-3 times on the way home. Dad drove from Jimmy's. There was a crazy/rogue crop duster plane flying over us and it seriously looked like it was going to crash because it was dusting the crops and took nose dives and it was just insane to be watching and trying to drive at the same time. I hate planes.

My brother took this picture from my mom's car. Crazy!
We got home around 11 pm. Unloaded a little bit and spent a lot of time playing with the kitties! I've missed them so much. Tomorrow (Saturday) we will unpack and go to the food store.

I went to bed so late, after 2 pm.

I'll be back in Cape May in September and I will try to blog then. I can't wait...2 1/2 months!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment