Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'll take some egg nog please!

I got up too late this morning to hit the post office, but had just enough time to shower and get ready to meet our family at Bella Vida for brunch! It was raining and cold, but no snow.

everyone at lunch

We met my cousins Jenn, Mark, Barbara and Murray for brunch. We were celebrating Barbara's birthday - the day before - and my birthday, tomorrow. Lunch was very good. I had the chunky monkey pancakes (pancakes stuffed with walnuts, banana and chocolate chips) and scrapple. I think next time I'm inclined to try something else on the menu. Jenn and Mark gave me a birthday card, and Barbara and Murray gave me a birthday cat mug - it's so cute!

My cat mug! Mom says I should leave it in Cape May, but I want to enjoy it at home.
After lunch, we stopped at Moonstruck Boutique. My mom got me a Hanukkah present from there (a CM necklace) and I had been dying to get a look at what else they had. I had followed their posts on Facebook - so closely, that the owner Caroline knew me when I mentioned that I followed on FB! Too funny.I got a beautiful ring and a little sewing box that I adore.

In love with my new ring

We came home and relaxed for a while. I finished my book - Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook. It's about a girl whose mother gets married quickly after a 3 month relationship with a guy she met online. She and her daughter, Isobel, move in with the step father and stepbrother, into a manor. The house is named Morrigan, and is in Nairne, Washington. The stepbrother, Nate, lost his mentally ill sister and mother suddenly. Their deaths are suspicious, especially after Isobel starts seeing the ghost of Nate's sister. It was a fascinating read that I really enjoyed. I love Eileen Cook.




Our friends Tina and Don came over and we had a really nice time with them. We gave them a tour of our house! Yay, "our house" feels so good to write. Tina brought little Christmas bags over to me and Michael - with candy, candy canes, little notepads, a mini nutcracker and NYE poppers! She also gave Michael a cat puzzle for a belated birthday present, and me a bar of soap from A Place on Earth (in the fall scent, mmm) for an early birthday present.

After Tina and Don left, our neighbors came over, first two and then one. We had egg nog and chatted with them. All about Cape May, our house, home improvements, school plans, etc. It was a very nice evening. We had a good time.
Totally obsessed with my house keys - love the CM keychain. From when I was a little girl and the house key is leopard a la my dad!

After everyone left, we had some soup and got ready for bed. I can't believe tomorrow is my 19th birthday and I am finally going to get to spend it in Cape May! I only wished every year on my birthday (for years, I might add) that I would get to spend it in Cape May and I finally am! Now I just wish we were staying longer, and I was coming back earlier than March~!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment