Thursday, March 14, 2013

December 30/19th Birthday Update - few months later

So it is March and I am in Cape May again. I realized I never posted the last entry from the day we went home in December 2012...here it is!

Mom closed my door downstairs this morning so I could sleep in until 10:30 am. It is so noisy sleeping downstairs instead of my room upstairs. Yay it's my 19th birthday at the beach, a dream come true! I got up and got dressed.

We left for George's and parked on the street. I got up on the boardwalk to look at the ocean and take pictures. In George's I had a pork roll sandwich and we shared scrapple. Can you say yum? A great birthday lunch.

We drove down to Jefferson street beach and took pictures. It looked so different with the dunes gone. We dropped off Michael and dad and mom drove us back to Congress Hall. We shopped in the Christmas shop markets outside. It was windy but cute and fun!

Mom bought me a pink butterfly watch. At a Place on Earth I got some coconut lemongrass soap scrub. We got fudge and nonpareils at Fudge Kitchen.

We walked back to Congress Hall and got a blue pig cookie and a 2013 brownie - birthday treats. We went home, packed the house and cleaned, folded laundry. We had our snack, the brownie and the rest of our bliss peppermint ice cream. Yum! I also had a lot of egg nog.

We pretty much packed up the car and finished up in the house. We decided to go home over land instead of taking the ferry because it was super windy. Didn't want a repeat of the nauseating ferry ride here. We drove through Cape May Court House and Rio Grande before I fell asleep.

We had dinner at the Double T diner in Whitemarsh, Maryland. I had cream of crab soup, and a ham, cheese and turkey sandwich. Yum! We got lots of cookies for home. We got back to the house around 11 pm.

Opened some mail, unpacked and had our cookies. Sad to be home but looking forward to going back in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment