Wednesday, June 23, 2010

17 days...hurry up already!

I've pretty much had it with waiting for the beach. What town could possibly have such an amazing appeal that I pretty much wish that I could spend the rest of my life there? I even thought once how awesome it would be to transfer to the school there. I might have been out of my mind at that point :) Hey! It was December/January, we were off school over a week, with 3 feet of snow. Let's just say I was bored and homesick (for the beach, that is).

I was thinking a lot recently about packing and our travel day. It's *technically* a four & 1/2 hour trip. And yet it takes us 7-8 hours. But we stop to pee, eat lunch and shop in antique stores. The ride from home in Virginia to the Lewes, Delaware ferry is 3 hours. Of course, we usually leave around 11am and get to our lunch destination around say 2/3 pm. We stop on the way ususally to get gas, antiques and to pee. Then after our lunch we get back on the road and probably stop one to two times to pee/antique shop.

YES WE LOVE ANTIQUES :) And on the way to Delaware, I know I'm almost there when I start to see Ferry signs! I get really exciteddd. And then when we go around the circle square (yeah that's an oxymoron) I know we're practically at the ferry. I look to the right out my window and see the old Word War II watch tower and I know the Ferry is on the right.

Once we park in the line for the ferry, we head in to the terminal to pee (yet again; there's a lot of coffee drinking going on in my family) and then browse the store, maybe get a snack and head back in the car and load onto the ferry.

The really EXTRA big ferry is a 90 minute ride across the Delware Bay. The smaller vessel is 70 minutes. On the ferry there are bars (not that any of us go there :)) and areas to sit outside to sightsee, giftshop, snacks, etc.

And once we unboard off the ferry, weare offically in Cape May. Voila! Well, that's all for this post because it's late and I have my last day of school tomorrow and have to get up early.

xo, capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment