Friday, March 15, 2013

Beware the Ides of March

Woke up this morning around 11 am. Our neighbor Betty was talking to my dad downstairs. She called the editor of the Cape may Magazine about me interviewing there for an internship. She left a message and said that I should stop by their office.

I slept well except for the radiator clanking that woke me up around 5 am. I finished my Angel episode in bed and went downstairs. Had a bowl of Special K (wow, this is an interesting life I lead). Lounged around, got dressed and read my book. Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. Pretty good. My mom went to the Acme and got some food to eat with our leftovers for lunch.

We ate our leftover Holly's chicken, salads from the Ugly Mug dinner we had last night and mom got some bread and butter. Had Entenmann's St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes. Sweet.


We left around 2 pm for the mall. I went to meet the Cape May Magazine editor for my interview. I gave her my portfolio, we chatted for a few minutes and I am now going to have a short unpaid internship at the Cape May Magazine this summer! I am very excited, as I have wanted to do this for so many years. My dreams coming true at last.

We went to City Hall to get our mercantile license - so we can rent the house - and our beach tags. They had cute anchor designs! We poked in a few stores. We went to Henry's Jewelry and weren't going to go in, until dad saw a cat inside! So naturally we went in...


We got to meet Booboo! Boo. She is one of the cats that lives with the women who works in Henry's and lives above the shop. She was a sweet little kitty. She is 20 years old! We stayed a while and chatted with her owner, Debby.


Me petting Booboo


Jewelry kitty

Boo approves my purchase. She liked my Hello Kitty Debit Card

There, I bought the most adorable Alex and Ani anchor bracelet. I'm so in love with anchors. Mom got a sea horse ring.


We came home and mom went on a beach walk. I read a magazine, and then picked mom up (YES that's right, I drove by MYSELF in Cape May!) from the end of the beach.

Mom saw this on her walk, how cute!

We went out to dinner at the Pilot House. It was open mic night so it was very loud, but the food was nevertheless good. Mom and dad had their award winning burgers and I had grouper fingers and Irish potato wedges. I drove us to and from the mall for dinner!

We have a lot on our plates for tomorrow, so I need to head to bed.

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment