Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pi Day Pie Please // Driving!

Some day, we will actually leave on time for Cape May. But alas, that was not today. I think we only got out an hour & 10 minutes later?

I'm a driving driver! Note: this was taken in the drive way, before I started the car, you worrywarts!

It was very windy when we loaded up dad's car, so we decided to go overland. Since part of the reason we were taking the ferry route was so I could practice the drive up to Cape May. So sometime after 11 am we left. I started our drive there, spending a good 30-40 minutes on 495. What a drive. Between the wind blowing the SUV all around (scary doesn't begin to describe this) and the horrible drivers with the tractor trailers swerving out of their lanes and people cutting me off (excuse me, but I'm going 10 miles over the speed limit/flow of traffic).

I got off at a Popeyes and we switched drivers. Dad drove the rest of the way over Bay Bridge (high wind warning) and to Holly's. We had our usual waiter who actually remembered us again! He asked where we were going, Cape May obvs. He asked how we made out in the storm. This made me realize a lot of people don't realize that NOT all of the Jersey Shore was destroyed by Sandy. CM better promote our little town to get the business it clearly will need!

We had good, fresh fried chicken lunch and chocolate silk pie for pi day! We took 301, took a few Wawa pit stops. Stopped in Cowtown at a cowboy clothing store. Saw some great and expensive leather boots! We stopped in Vineland at the Target to pee and let me check out the Prabal Gurung Clearance - nothing good.



We drove a whiles longer and then before the Garden State Parkway, I switched to driving again! Drove from Cape May Court House all the way to home! First time I've ever driven in Cape May.

Went home, admired the paint and house changes. It looks great, especially the blue paint! Brought everything in the house.

We drove to the Ugly Mug for dinner. Had a great Manhattan clam chowder and a huge sesame chicken salad. Our salads literally could have served all three of us, so we have lots of leftovers.

We came home and got everything set up in the house for the night. Lots to do tomorrow. So I am off to read my book and watch Angel in bed!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment