Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Update #4 // Luck of the Irish?

St. Patty's day outfit - green shirt & shamrock earrings.

Woke up a little late this morning, had to get dressed quickly to go meet cousin Jenn at George's Place. I drove there :) Dropped mom off to get in line (there is always a wait at George's, it's just too good). I had to drive around before I parked on Beach Avenue. Since we were waiting, I walked up to Across the Way to pick up a necklace charm I saw yesterday and I decided I wanted.

Just Be :) - a motto I try to live by




I came back to George's and Jenn was there. Mom had sad news; our neighbor Denise called her to tell us that the Pastor of Cape May's Baptist church, Jim Berger (our former CM neighbor mentioned in my post yesterday) had died in his sleep. We were all shocked to hear this news, as we had just seen him yesterday. So that was very sad to hear. We lost a neighbor a week ago as well, but he was a much older man. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to know him better. Small town, news travels fast.

I had a pork roll sandwich at George's, yum! Never go wrong with that. Or really anything on their menu. Dad even let me have a bite of his banana french toast - my other favorite there. Jenn came back to the house and chatted with us while we packed. It's a lot easier being able to leave the linens and towels in Cape May.

Our neighbor Denise came by, and we all chatted about Jim. It sounded like he had a heart attack and passed in his sleep. He thought he was having heartburn -- something we all should remember to take seriously. I guess if there is any way to go, in your sleep without suffering is ok.

We showed Denise the house and the current progress - hopefully by the time in April my parents go up, the painting will be done.

We left at 3:30 pm and I drove for a good hour. A little on the Garden State Parkway and then on some two  lane road for a while. Good driving, but I'm not used to driving long distances.

Stopped at Wawa and switched drivers. We met our friends Lori and Jana at the Harrison House for dinner at about 5 pm. I had Manhattan clam chowder and cheesesteak sliders (surprisingly delicious). We all had rice pudding for dessert.

Dad drove the rest of the way home, we got a little turned around somewhere in Delaware (the only state I didn't drive in this trip!). We stopped at Wawa for gas and McDonald's to pee. Finally got home around ~10 pm. Had the pretzel Lori gave us from the Philly Pretzel Factory (um, yum) and a bite of leftovers, and our brownie from the Ravioli House.

Only a little bit of time until my next trip. Until May 25, I bid y'all adieu. See you in a few weeks.

xo,
capemaychick
See ya in May, house!

No comments:

Post a Comment