Saturday, May 25, 2013

♫ On the Way to Cape May ♪

I had every intention of getting up at 9:30 am to get ready for the beach. But of course, I couldn't wake up. I fell asleep around 2-2:30 am, with sweet dreams of Cape May floating around my head. I woke up at 11 am, but not frazzled because I knew we hadn't planned on leaving until around 2-3 pm so we would beat traffic.

In all reality, I should have assumed that we weren't "together enough" to get out of the house before 5 pm. And though we got out at 4:48 pm, it was clear we were in for a long trip. We had an early lunch so we could have an early dinner.

I packed up my car, completely by myself! I regret that I over packed, but now that I'm here I know I can send some stuff home with my parents on Monday.

Yes, I blurred out my license plate :) and YES that is dad in the background! Oopsies.
We were on the road (with dad driving my car and mom driving her car). Michael went with mom and I went with dad. We stopped in Bowie, MD for a bathroom break at Barnes and Noble. Michael picked up the next book in his series.

Dad I fidgeted with the GPS navigation voice. We tested American Jack and American Jill, British Emily & Daniel and Australian Lady (I forget her name) and Australian Lee - who we settled on. Not before I tried putting the GPS in Romanian and then French-Canadien Julie!

We got to Holly's about 6:30 pm. Our regular server wasn't there!! We all had the fried chicken special and it was extra delicious. We were out about 7:30 pm. It was a long drive from there; we stopped a few times in Delaware to pee and rest. Dad and I stopped at the Wawa before going home to get ice, milk and half-and-half. We got to the house at 11:10 pm. It was hard to see the painting and new awnings, but we know it's there! We also bumped into our next door neighbors and chatted with them. A bug promptly flew down my shirt while we were talking. Why does that happen to me! Shudder.

We unpacked, checked out things around the house. It's definitely a mess. Lots of cleaning is in my future! We also might need a new table, but we have to figure that out tomorrow.

Once I got everything unpacked, showered and ready for bed, I realized how incredibly exhausted I was. But despite that, I still wanted to get a blog post out! Tomorrow dad and I will run over to Walmart and pick up some important things. Lots of house errands to do, but hopefully we can fit in a quick walk to the beach and the mall!

xo, capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment