Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blue Eden // Sunny Shores

I woke up on and off this morning from Bill working on the house. Mom called me at 11:25 am and I was still in bed - lazy,  I know. We talked for a while and facetimed for a bit. Then I got up, dressed and came down. There was a package on the table at the bottom of the stairs - so Bill must have brought it in! It was from Lindsay! She sent me an easy cook book, notecards, "it had to be blue" nailpolish, an iTunes giftcard (to catch up on my shows I miss) and a sweet note :) Shout out to Lindsay, thanks for making my day start great girl! Love you!
Thanks L! Can't wait to use everything!

Lindsay sent it yesterday from her grandpop's house in PA, so it was very fast that it came today! It made me feel good. I texted her and my mom about it while I had a bowl of rice crispies with raspberries. I updated my blog and also posted a Wordless Wednesday post on Sandpiper Cat Blog. I got ready to head up to Stone Harbor. It only took about 20~ minutes to get there on the Parkway.

I got to my friend Caroline's store, Blue Eden, at about 1:30 pm. It was so nice to see her, I haven't seen her since December! She greeted me warmly and gave me a hug, and introduced her friend Jenna - who makes all the beautiful beach glass jewelry in Caroline's store! She sounds like she could make my red beach glass into a ring, which would be really cool.

Left to Right: The bracelets from Blue Eden, Blue Eden Store, Sandpiper Necklace from Terry Ivory.

I talked to Caroline and Jenna for a while and spent a good while looking around the store, it is adorable and everything in it is so chic and beach-y fun! I settled on two bracelets - made by Jenna! One silver and one copper, each with a little bead and a piece of white beach glass. Very fun!

After saying good byes, I put some more quarters in the parking meter and looked in Making Waves and then Terry Ivory, where I bought a beautiful Sandpiper bird necklace, because it reminds me of my cat Piper (who is actually named Sandpiper). After that, I left to go home and got there about 3:30 pm. I ate lunch - a turkey and cheese sandwich on yummy hoagie bread. I got ready to go to the beach, it was sunny, 80 degrees out and just gorgeous!



I drove down to the new Exit Zero store, because I wanted to make it before they closed. I bought the May issue of Exit Zero Magazine, because my neighbor Denise's late husband is featured in an article! I bought three postcards to send to friends. I then hopped across the street, put quarters in the meter and took a short walk on Perry Street beach. I also found some great shells, MORE moonies (I really never have found quite this many) and a small piece of brown beach glass, a small conch and a BIG conch - which I have never found. I've heard they are usually easier to find in the winter when the beach isn't crowded. I'm totally kicking myself for not going on the beach in December or March when I was here. Clearly I will next time! I read my latest book - Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich and then left about 5:30 pm because I was paranoid my meter would run out. I got a cheesesteak to go from Louie's Pizza and went home.


I brought in the trash can, put my cheesesteak away, facetimed with dad and his secretary Janet (who is very jealous I'm at the beach, can't imagine why ;) and turned on the air conditioning via dad's instructions. Since most of the windows aren't finished, I can't open them for a sea breeze.

Then I brought my cheesesteak out on the porch with a peach salad and read my book. Bill came by to put the storm windows in or something. I have no idea. I'm sleeping in the master/parent bed room because he is going to work in the rooms tomorrow. After dinner I came inside to watch Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Psych (which I missed because I spent some time talking with mom). I also spoke with Grandma Genie and Grandma Zelda! It's nice to hear everyone's voices. Tomorow I will skype with Lindsay.

I got showered and ready for bed. Tomorrow I am going to go to Animal Outreach in the morning to find out about volunteering and cuddling cats as well as heading to Wildwood to get some noms from the Ravioli House and driving by the Wildwood Convention center where my beach conference will be next week.

Thanks for the support!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment