Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kitty Playtime

I woke up at 10:30 am to my alarm clock. Bill was in the kitchen working and I had a bowl of special K and raspberries for breakfast. Then, I left for Animal Outreach. There I met Charlotte, who our friend Harry told me to ask about volunteering. She was so nice! She showed me all of the rooms and asked what I was interested in doing at the center. I think some afternoons I will come by and help scoop/clean the litter boxes and just play with the kitties!

A huge collage of all the kitties!
I got to meet 9 cats in the first room. Jasmine (dilute tortie), Martha (spunky tabby), Cricket (tabby), Marmalade (orange), George (tabby), Katrina, Cuddles, Bess and Checka - whose colors I totally forget! I played with them for quite a while. They have a wonderful room with lots of places to sleep and curl up. They even have a tv with birds on it!

The next room was two little kittens who played with a toy. Then I went to the new comer room and met Nigel (beautiful black boy) and Maggie (dilute tortie) who both played a bit. I discovered Nigel LOVED to drink from the sink spout and that was just adorable. Then I met Patches, who stays in the back room of the facility (she's a calico). Finally, I met the kitties in the front: Kali (dilute calico who is polydactyl), Sylvia (black and white who is polydactyl and Kali's sister), Jennie (calico) and Chrissy (black and white). They got to come out and play and they just loved to sit and stare out the window!

The facility is just gorgeous and I can't wait to stop in and sport my new Animal Outreach adoption t-shirt! I was there for about two hours in the morning/afternoon. I would have stayed all day if I hadn't been hungry! I came home for lunch and ate leftover chicken - there is still some left but I think it's too old now. Then I went to our friend Nicole's house and got to hang out with her and her kids, Sage, Hudson and Aria! It's really cool to be close with people out in Cape May, it gives you a great sense of community. Our friend Tina who owns a photography shop on the mall, introduced us to Nicole a few years ago and Nicole's husband Mike helped us with buying our house! They own Bliss - the best ice cream place in Cape May (and probably ever too).

I had dinner with them too - a yummy turkey sandwich from the Bliss shop! I was there until a little after 10 pm so I eventually headed home, showered and got into bed. Spoke with mom and grandma Zelda. It was a nice day.

Tomorrow is Friday and I have some errands to run including a trip up to Walmart and running into Wildwood! I can't believe how fast the time is going. There wasn't time to be lonely yesterday at all. On Saturday I will have been in Cape May for a week (week one out of six) and on Monday it will be a week since I've been alone.

I'm looking forward to Saturday - I'm going to the Strawberry Festival in the afternoon, and then my friend Lori is coming down with her daughters to hang out and go out to dinner, which will be a nice time!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment