Saturday, July 25, 2009

Catching up

Sorry that there weren't any posts for the last few days. We were so busy!

Thursday July 23: Rainy day. Woke up around 11 am again. Had breakfast downstairs, forget what we did after that. Then Malia and I ate lunch. PACKED. Brought some stuff over to the next door neighbors. I went to see one of my other neighbors on the next street over. We correspond with each other throughout the year. She's a very nice lady, possibly around my mom's parent's age. She really reminds me of my Great Aunt who passed away a few years ago. Then my family and Malia went into the mall. Got some postcards, taffy, soap, earrings, and a necklace charm. We came home, went on a beach walk and got dinner. Played mini golf - I won again!!! And then had dessert, got another pair of earrings (yay!) and then a jewelry box, lollipop and sand dollar in a glass.

Friday July 24: Just can't believe that today is the last day in Cape May for a whole year. Woke up earlier today, around 10:40 am. Packed after breakfast. Helped mom pack the car (way more full than a car should be). Sat on the porch and finished the book I was reading [Local Girls by Jenny O'Connell]. Malia and I went to the beach and walked for about 45 minutes. We found some really great shells. Came home and showered. Went to Henry's for dinner. We were going to do some shopping but it was lightning off in the distance so we just went home. Had a fudge cone from Morrow's Nut House. Watched tv, read, more tv and then went to bed.

Saturday July 25: Woke up around 8:something. Didn't really eat breakfast. Made sure the car was packed and returned the key to the rent place. Walked to George's for breakfast. I got overheated and had to leave because I was really sick. You have to understand how ridiculous I act when I'm sick. I can't even help it, I just lose it. So the trip to the ferry was pretty miserable. Took some dramamine before we got on the boat. It was a very long ferry ride. Took a partial nap on the ferry. Felt somewhat better when we got off. Took a few naps in the car. Eat "breakfast" (for me, dinner for the rest of my fam + Malia) around 4:30 at Holly's. Was okay the car ride home. Unpacked the car completely. Said good bye to Malia (so sad, going to miss her a lot). Kind of chilled, played with the cats and sorted the mail. We unfortunately think that my Mom has appendicitis, a few calls to the doctor about that. Not sure where we are with that. Hoping for the best and that it's just a bug. It's 11:11 now, going to clean myself up and go to bed.

Not a good traveling day, very dissapointing last day in CM - but hey, what can you do ya know? I will still be using this blog, even though I'm not in CM anymore. Check it whenever you can! FYI - July 10-24, 2010 :) next years dates!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like, overall, a great trip minus the traveling day. i bet you're already pumped for next year (:

    ReplyDelete