Friday, July 17, 2009

Here Kitty, kitty




The Time: 11:34 am
The Setting: My room in CM
The problem: I'm waking up too late
The cause: Parents were out "adopting" a cat.

How it began: Today was one of the more interesting days in CM. I woke up and it was 11:34 am. I absolutely hate waking up after 11. So I was not thrilled that I had just woken up. I headed downstairs and my brother told me that my parents were on Page Street adopting a cat.

Here's what you don't know: My family is involved with cat rescue, thus our five cats. But nonetheless, CM is known for it's prime bird watching spots. The feral (wild) cats that roam around the town "kill" the birds. Here's what I know: They don't. But long story short, there is a "law" that cats have to be kept inside. I don't see any police officers enforcing that rule!

What I'm trying to get to: There was this beautiful calico cat (bottom) on Page Street. My family was charmed by her, and so was another family. They were planning on taking her and this one other cat (forget his name) home to PA. While Cape May is a small town, we ran into one of our cat friends and he told us that she wasn't his cat, and she and her friend actually have owners.

The point: So knowing that these two cats have owners, the people who were planning on taking her might still ask the owners if they can take them. Who knows what'll happen. CM is special.

Tidbit of info: Cape May has lots of feral cats. We see them all the time. Like the one in the picture (top). We saw h[im][er] under Henry's restaurant. We met another lady here who helps take care of feral cats (one family in particular who lives on Perry street).

Bottom line: Cape May is a very cat friendly place. This is the second summer in a row where we have almost come home with a cat >^^<

Until later, xo capemaychick

1 comment:

  1. okay, the feral cat kinda creeps me out, maybe its the green eyes haha. the cat at the bottom is SO ADORABLE. fihgdfjkgfd. i think the picture is amazingreallygreat, the background really compliments the cat's white fur and green eyes. the picture really should be on like a cat calendar or something!

    ReplyDelete