Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Harry Potter lives in my beach house

I woke up this morning at 11:30 am again. Lazy as usual. I came down an hour later and mom was making pancakes. Score! I got dressed and read my book on the chair inside, as it was very grey and humid out.

We explored the basement for a while. There isn't too much down there. My dad found two very cool antique milk glass lamps that he is going to restore. One of his many talents! One of the doors downstairs is really cool for two reasons: The first, it has a skeleton key, how very antique! So neat. And the second is that it has a crystal knob, which is definitely original to the house. We believe that we are about the fourth owners - I can't wait to get more history analyzed on our house.

One of the lamps dad repaired, afterwards!

Mom, Dad and I left to go to the Tree House Antique store and then the Acme. We picked up some really yummy sushi from the Acme and ate that on the porch. I read some more and then spent a long time scrapbooking and watching Glee!

Basement stairs

I called Denise and made plans with her to have breakfast at Zoe's, on Monday at 9:15 am. Early, so we have enough time to get Lindsay from the ferry.

Our cousins Carol, Walt and Scott came for dinner. They brought pizza from Ocean City - Manco and Manco's. Underwhelming to me, but I'm a huge pizza snob. We ate dinner with them and hung out on the porch for a while. Carol brought us a cute beach house sign and some really cute beachy house pillows. I can't wait until we put them out.We will be keeping our owner things in the cupboard under the stairs (Harry Potter Style).



Harry Potter lives in our beach house

When our cousins left, we basically went upstairs to shower and go to bed. Tomorrow my mom/dad's friends are coming and James leaves Monday/Lindsay arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment