Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hot weather & Poppin' Tires

It feels so good to finally be in Cape May again! I woke up at 6 am and remembered I forgot to print my Cape May address labels. So I printed them, went back to bed and finally got up at 7 am, ate breakfast and went out to do my pet sitting jobs.

Rachel, James and Michael ready to go to the beach!
We packed the car and showered at left at 11:38 pm and barely 30 minutes into the trip, on 95 something outside of the car popped and went flying backwards. Dad immediately pulled off onto the shoulder to see what happened. We didn't know if we had gotten a flat tire, lost the roof rack or something else. It turns out it was something on the front tire. Mom's car had been making weird sounds Tuesday night and it went in on Thursday to the Shell to be checked. Nothing was wrong...until today. We thought about turning around to go home or stopping at a close Jiffy Lube, because dad said something felt wrong with the brakes (meanwhile it's over 100 degrees outside).

Mom and dad checked the car again and decided it was ok and we would get it checked out at the Subaru dealer in Cape May Court House.
118 Degrees? SCARY!

We made it to Holly's Restaurant and boy was it crowded! It took a while, but we got fresh fried chicken. Yummy! We stopped at the Denton antique store, but it had no a/c so we didn't stay long. No one got anything.

Ferry sign!

We made it to the ferry at 4:38 pm, perfect timing for our 5:15 ferry. The ride was fairly smooth, just hot and humid - so we sat inside - and we saw lots of dolphins!

We got home at 7:02 pm and unpacked. I went to the mall. I picked up and adorable pair of strawberry earrings at Henry's and some cute saying pins at Across the Way. I looked in lots of shops. Can't wait to shop some more.

My purchaes

I was so hot when I got home. I had a slice of white pizza from Louie's as well as a piece of cheesesteak and onion rings. James and Michael were at the arcade. After dinner we unpacked and got ready for bed. We have a long day ahead tomorrow. Acme, and mom and I are going to the trunk show at Splash!

xo,



capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment