Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Chronicles of Cape May

If we ever get out when we say we will, it will be if we can step through a closet door to Cape May, just like Narnia (we saw a door on the side of the road and I mentioned that "maybe it was the door to CM"). The car and roof rack were packed very full this year. Krista and Julia came to say goodbye as we (including Mike's friend Mason - Krista's son, Julia's brother) left at 12:47pm for Cape May! There actually was room to comfortably fit all 3 of us kids in the backseat. Stopped at the Barnes and Noble in Bowie, MD to pee before the Bay Bridge. I got another copy of Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, in paperback for dad to read - Malia will def have to read it while we're at the beach, it's the best book!

About 20-30 minutes appx of Bay Bridge back up. Once we got over we had yummy fried chicken at Holly's. We only ordered the two piece meal because no room in the car for leftovers! We stopped at a Maryland Antique store. Mom and Dad got three coffee cups and I got a cute cat figurine that looks like Piper. It was 75% off of $5 so it was $1.25, a true bargain!

We missed our 5:15pm ferry reservation by 20ish minutes. Hung in the ferry terminal and then took the 6:15pm ferry. We were the second car on. I bought two postcards, read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and then watched dolphins in the bay. We got home, brought in all the stuff from the car. I went off to the mall. I got my favorite body scrub (sex on the beach scent), four pins from Across the Way, conditioner from Bath Time (Honeysuckle scent) and an on sale octopus necklace from Henry's. Picked up fudge and came home. I had cheesetake from Louie's that mom and dad brought home. Mom and dad went to Wawa for water and I unpacked and set up my room while watching the end of HP & the Goblet of Fire on ABC family on tv. The kids all showered and relaxed before bed.

Malia comes tomorrow!

xo, capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment