Saturday, June 7, 2014

Strawberry Festival 2014

I woke up really late this morning, so I had a late start. I had a waffle and relaxed on the porch until Lori and Mara got here. We went to the Strawberry Festival. I did the most amazing parallel parking job there so I was very impressed with myself.

We had fresh squeezed lemonade, empanadas from Empanada Mama's, and ice cream from Bliss. I bought a cute vintage princess phone that matches one of the real rotary phones that we have. Super cute and not a bad price at $8 (it was $8.50 but I bargained).  We came back to the house and relaxed a little bit before heading down to the promenade. We walked all along the tents on the boardwalk to see all the crafts - there was a craft festival this weekend. I bought a beaded bracelet that says Cape May on it. I got one last year that I really loved.
The big phone is real and works, the little toy is the one I bought today.

We went on the beach and we sat there for about 2 hours. I read "Since You've Been Gone" by Morgan Matson. I was on page 60 when I started and read all the way through page 239! It is a great read. I'll probably finish the book in the next day or two.

We were pretty hungry after sitting in the sun for a few hours so we ate at Angelo's - which is in the old Henry's on the Beach restaurant spot. I miss Henry's so much, it is the place our kitty Henry is named for. I had fish 'n chips, it was pretty good. Not Henry's, that's for sure.

Perfect beach day.
We stopped in Fudge Kitchen on the way back to the house (do you know they're having a special? I can recite it forwards and backwards I know it so well, after all I have spent the last 20 summers of my life here).

We sat on the porch for a while and enjoyed the breeze. It was such a nice day! I had a great time with Lori and Mara as I always do. I can't believe I have been here for a full week. Time is flying. Everyone else will be up in 2 weeks, so I will savor the next two weeks alone! I'm not lonely, I'm really enjoying my time here. I know it will be done before I'm ready.

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment