Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finally here, but quite a trip.

12:56 am and I am FINALLY hooked up to the internet and able to update my status and blog.

Leaving this morning was just chaotic. There were so many things to do, pack & tie down (roof rack) and of course it was POURING rain. Jeez, what else could possibly back us up? Oh yes, the 3 hours it took us to get to the Bay Bridge. Normally 1.5 hours away, but noooo, it took JUST three (insert "oh, she's being sarcastic" here).

But we left at 1:19 pm. Got gas. Peed. Got to the bay bridge at 4:27 pm. Had lunch at 4:48 pm. Antique store at 6:18pm. Got to the ferry at 7:31 pm - departed at 7:45 pm. Reservations for the 5:15 pm ferry? PSH. That was optomistic. Damn traffic. Oh sorry, I'm trying not to curse, but the traffic really was miserable. Boring. DEPLORABLE! I don't know if I used that word correctly.

So some of the way up it rained, but no biggie. Nothing SUPER important got wet - THANK YOU GOD! The ferry was very rocky. Ay ya yai. But no one threw up :) And so we got to Cape may and it was dark. This trip was the latest one we've ever taken - most miserable as well. But I texted Mary as soon as we started in the direction of home and she was waiting outside her house for me. I got out of the car and we ran to hug each other. It had been 2 years! We talked for a few minutes with her, went into the house to pee again. Then we left for Louie's to get dinner. We had cheese steaks, curly fries and onion rings. Yum. And 67 grams of sugar of LEMONADE. Gotta walk that off tomorrow. Unless I sweated it off tonight. As long as I don't gain back the 5 pounds I finally worked off, that's fine with me. But hopefully all the beach food won't make me bloat.

So after dinner we decided to skip dessert (WHATTT?!). We were just so behind on unpacking. We walked down Beache Avenue and up Jefferson street back to home. We stood on the Keenan's porch for a good hour, talking to Mary's family and their guests. We finally started unpacking around 11:30 pm. We discovered some of the roof rack items were wet. Just Mike's nerf guns and legos. Big whoop. Well, if I was him I would be angry! But rain is rain and you can't do anything about it. So while mom and dad unpacked the car, I cleaned out the freezer. It was pretty gross. Seeds and hair and UGH I could throw up. Then I put the sink water up that it was scalding, used dish soap to wash the ice cube trays (no icemaker - well there used to be one, not any more) and sterilized the trays! So we can have nice cold water when it's 400 degrees out tomorrow. It was really humid and sticky tonight. But I didn't complain about walking. That's like a freaking miracle. But then again, it was night time and not as hot.

I finished unpacking my room and stuff around 12:30 am. Now I should probably shower and get to bed early. Mary and her friend are going to church around 10:30 am for morning Mass and I will meet up with them and go shopping. Probably eat lunch out tomorrow too. Maybe we'll even hit up the beach - maybe. At least I'll get to ACTIVATE my debit card. Svweet.

xo, capemaychick.

No comments:

Post a Comment