Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good Bye Malia!

Today was Malia's last day. We got up around 10:30 am and had breakfast. Mini Spooners, aka mini frosted wheats. We came back upstairs to watch some more of 16 & pregnant - can't get enough of hicky pregnant teenagers! I uploaded pictures onto Facebook.

We came back down for lunch and I had an egg salad sandwich that I made. It was really good. We set off to bake 2 WHOLE batches of cookies. There was so much (delicious) cookie dough that we used, there was even leftovers. There are so many cookies downstairs on the dining room table. Malia's mom came around 3 as the last batch of cookies were baking (they went on their next roadtrip with some). We talked to Malia's mom on the front porch for probably 20 minutes before they left.

After Malia left, I read my book and finished it. The Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz. It was very good! I can't wait to read the next ones. Unfortunately they didn't have them in the bookstore here in CM. So I really was in the urge to shop, so I set off for the mall.

At Whiskers, I got a present for my friend Shelly, and a little glass duck for me. Next I went to A Place on Earth Soap shop and got each my mom and I some soap scrub, a bar of soap for myself and a present for my friend Lindsay. Next I went into the Great White Shark and got a sweatshirt that says Cape May. It has no hood on it and has the hollister bird (but it's facing the other way so they don't get sued). Next I went into the Love the Cook store and bought these cute little quarter holders there for me, my mom, brother and cousin Jenn.

After those expeditions I went into this other soap store, Bath Time, and got this really cool shell mirror for my room. And I also got this Wild Pear scented shave gel that they make there. And then I went into Whale's Tale and bought these freshwater pearl earrings that were champagne pink. They were gorgeous, made in Cape May and only $16 dollars! A pure bargain! And lastly I went into Across the Way to finish Lindsay's gift. I still have a few more friends to get gifts for, and I'm sure I have more shopping to do.

When I got home I was completely drenched in sweat. I hopped into the shower and used my new shaving gel. After showering I went downstairs and started reading my new book, The Oracle of Dating. It's pretty good so far. After that I walked to Henry's (a restaurant) with my family. We saw so many cats that live in the sand underneath the restaurant! I had a fried fish sandwich with mashed potatoes (to die for) and some salad. I even gave some of the sandwich to my kitty friends.

Next we headed into the arcade for some MAJOR skee ball and slot game playing. It was fun. I think my highest score was 290 or 300. I gave all my tickets and coins to my brother, Mike. Such a good older sister! After the arcade we got ice cream custard at Rita's. Then we came home and Jenn chilled with my family on the porch. She gave me a belated sweet sixteen gift - a generous giftcard to Amazon (already spent some on 3 books!) and an awesome Vera Bradley Cupcake pink wallet! I was looking for a cute wallet! SO exciting!

That's all for tonight. Probably beach tomorrow if it's not raining!
xo, capemaychick

1 comment:

  1. oh pshhh IIII woke up at 9, YOU woke up at 10:30 :P

    ReplyDelete