Sunday, July 25, 2010

Travel to home

I am finally home. It's sad really. I mean, when I'm in Cape May it takes a few days to adjust to being there, but I came home and was fine right away.

Saturday 7/24
Woke up this morning around 9am. Had to get out of the house by 10, so it was chaotic getting dressed and packing up the last few things. And it was HAWT outside. We were out of the house by a quarter of 10 and we went to the rental place to drop the keys off. After doing that, we drove back to the street to give cookies to our neighbors. I noticed the mail lady outside and saw that she had just put a letter in our mailbox. It was from Betty and it came in the nick of time!

We set off to eat brunch at George's. I had banana french toast again, it was good. After George's we went into one of the stores next to them and I got this really cool, blue, sparkly watch. We got in the car and drove back to our street because I had some more cookies to deliver. We gave them to our other neighbor, Barbara and went inside her house for a few minutes to talk and pet her kitty. After leaving her house we set off to catch our 1pm ferry.

We got there around 12:30pm. We went inside to use the bathrooms when the announcement came that we needed to return to our cars. So I didn't have enough time to go to the bathroom, bahaha. We loaded the ferry and headed up. We sat inside the whole ride. After relieving myself :) (haha, you really needed to know that) I bought a postcard to write back to Betty on. The ride was pretty smooth. A little rocky. I read my book most of the way. We got to Delaware around 2:30pm. After getting off and driving for about a half and hour, we ended up getting lost.

After getting back onto track, we stopped once to go to the bathroom and we stopped twice at two different antique stores. I got a really cute flower pEn and a seagull pIn. I slept most of the way to the restaurant, Holly's. I had the fried chicken special and a vanilla milkshake. Yum, nothing better than homemade fried chicken and homemade milkshake! I want some more just thinkin' about it.

After leaving I fell asleep basically until we got home. We came inside about 9:30 pm and saw our kitties. Goodness we missed them so much! After seeing them, putting the leftovers into the fridge we set up to take off the roof rack. After doing that, dad moved the car into the garage where we proceeded to unpack the rest of the car. I was in showered and in my own bed by 11:30pm - I was shocked. I wouldn't have been in bed that early if I was still in Cape May! I didn't fall asleep until 1 am, but that was STILL earlier than CM.

So now it is a little after noon on Sunday the 25th. I brought my suitcase in this morning to get soem clothes to wear. We have so many things to unpack and find places for. Of course, I can't really unpack anything since hopefully soon we'll start renovating my room. We're going out to brunch at the bagel place and to the antique show. For dinner we're going to the mall at Todai.

Thanks to everyone for following my blog! Since I'm done with vacation, I still have a few more posts I'd like to talk about Cape May. I want to discuss the house we might buy as well. And maybe I'll photograph some of the jewelry I bought and put pictures up here for any interested parties!

xo, capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment