Thursday, July 22, 2010

Last Thursday!

Today I woke up around 11 even though my alarm had been going off. My mom told me I better hurry up so we would have enough time to get to George's for breakfast before they stopped serving it. We got up, took a while but finally got out of the house and drove there. We parked around the corner and walked there. I had the banana french toast again - too good for words.


After going to George's, we came home and dropped my brother & the leftovers off. Then we headed out to go to a few stores - no one bought anything (I think). And then we went into CVS where we got more water bottles, toilet paper and I printed pictures so I would be able to work on my scrapbook.
We came home and I read, then watched True Beauty on Hulu while scrapbooking. I did about 5 or 6 pages worth! Then I finished the episode of TB I was watching and head down to meet my mom and brother at the beach. It was a long, hot walk & I was sticky from my sun tan lotion. I got there and we sat relatively close to the water. So a huge wave came and the water rushed towards us and my butt got really wet and I wasn't happy. Yes I know, being wet is part of being at the beach. But it got my clothes wet over my bathing suit.


Then my brother left the beach and it was just my mom and I. We set off for a shell walk. We walked a long way down the beach. Some trek! Death march, dare I say? But the shells we found made up for it. I found some swirly mooney shells, some cool pieces of conches and about 9 pieces of beach glass, 1 white, 4 green, 1 aqua & 4 brown.

We came home, showered and had the BEST dinner from Big Wave Burrito which opened recently. I would say their burrito was better than Chilpotle. So delicious - glad I have lunch leftovers (if it doesn't become my midnight snack - which it is 12:15am...hmm). And then mom, dad and I left for the mall.

There I got this gorgeous beach glass with a pearl necklace. That was my last big purchase. My parents let me get a ring, but not any ring. I found the stone for it on the beach (Cape May diamond - rocks that when polished are like diamonds) and ordered the ring. Anyways. We went into a few shops for presents and such. Came home and had fudge on the front porch and now thinking about going to bed. We have to live up our last day tomorrow!

xo, capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment