Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ocean City!

Today we got up around 11:20 am. So late, but we went to bed late. We went downstairs and had breakfast. One half a bagel with creamcheese (breakfast bagel) and one half with turkey and bologna (lunch bagel). We came back upstairs and I got dressed while watching tv on my iPod.

So then my dad and I left to go meet Christopher South, who is the managing editor on the Cape May Star and Wave Newspaper. We talked to him for a good hour. It was really interesting to see how he runs the paper. There were many things I see in common with my school newspaper. I think meeting him was a great experience, and I'm going to get to write a guest article for the paper! so that will be spectacular.

So after that I came home and Malia and I just hung out and watched Malcolm in the Middle and had some lunch. Then while I was painting my toes, my neighbor Barbara came over. She invited Malia and I to come over and visit with her and her cat, Bogart. He was so sweet, he sat in my lap! I'll take pictures of him the next time I am over.

After visiting with Barbara, we came home and got ready to leave for Ocean City. We left a little after 6pm and got to Ocean City a little before 7 pm. It was a nice drive. We met up with my cousins, Carol, Walt and Scott. My mom, dad and brother had dinner with them while Malia and I ventured off into the vast unknown that is the Ocean City Boardwalk. We ate at a place called Litterer's. I had pork roll and Malia had a cheeseburger. Not great, but satisfying. Then we went shopping! We went into a ton of stores.

We finally got to the one store that I really wanted to shop in, Terry Ivory. It's this great little jewelry store. Anyway, we spent at least an hour if not more time in there. I ended up getting this cute cord bracelet with three charms; an I <3 my cat, New Jersey and an anchor charm. Very cute. After that Malia and I had a funnel cake. It was the best funnel cake I have EVER had.

Then we went into a few stores. I got these really cute wishbone earrings for like, 2 dollars. Then we loaded up in the car to go home. On the way home, we decided to detour through Wildwood to look at the old neon signs. It was very cool. We even stopped on the front of the WW boardwalk to take pictures w/ the Wildwood sign and beach balls. We got home around 1, I showered and went to bed around two. Exhausting but fun day. Tomorrow we will bake homemade cookies and go to the beach! And get fudge and puttputt!

xo, capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment