Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday & sad news

Today I woke up to my alarm, watched some Angel and got a phone call from mom. She hadn't wanted to tell me when I was alone and since they didn't know much, but that Sabrina has become very sick and they were taking her to the Hope Center for a sonogram. I heard from mom a little after 3 pm. Sabrina, my beanie, either has lymphoma or FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) - both fatal.

I am completely devastated, and torn apart. I decided I would go home on Wednesday to be with her and everyone for the end. It's just horrible this happened so suddenly. Sabrina is so young, only 4 years old and we've only had 3 short and sweet years together. I feel so helpless :(

Sabrina hanging with mom.
Since the cleaners were coming tonight, I had to clear everything out of the house. I had a hot dog for lunch and spent the rest of the day packing and running things over to Denise's house across the street (where I will be staying). I was completely out before 6 pm, when the cleaners showed up. I ran to the Acme and bought some bread and bologna and some comfort chocolate. I came to Denise's and we ordered Chinese food from Cape Orient. She, her son Todd and I all ate dinner. The Chinese food here is just so good, better than at home!

Then in the evening Denise and I walked Todd's sweet dog Nala around the block. I went to the house to dry my towels and checked out the house - very, very clean. I talked to mom and grandma Genie. I'm looking forward to seeing them on Wednesday. I came back to Denise's and we were watching some of Randy to the Rescue on TLC, but we mostly ended up chatting. We came up to go to bed.

I came up to my really nice room and took a shower, unpacked a little and settled in. I talked to grandma Zelda and to mom. Tomorrow I am working at Bliss from 5-9 pm and I can't wait! My first real official job!

xo, capemaychick

Sabrina eating some Matzah at Passover time.



Contemplating the wonders of the world.

Enjoying nap time in her little hidey-hole.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I hold you and your family close to my heart, especially at this saddest of times. I am glad you are going home, to be with Sabrina and your family...lots of hugs and tears will fall, that is what happens when we give our heart away and know that time is short, but try and make those days as sweet as you can for dear Sabrina. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete