Sunday, June 2, 2013

Girl's Lunch!

Today I got up around 10 am and had to get ready quickly to go meet Jenn at Bella Vida by 10:30 am. I got there on time and was waiting for Jenn and sent her a text to let her know I was there and she was going in the direction of the house, oops! We met there and waited a while to be seated. Another couple came in and got seated right away, so we were wondering why we hadn't been seated already! There were a few open tables. I was hungry too, since I didn't eat before I went. The hostess thought for some reason we wanted a booth! Weird, but we got seated. They were very busy!

I tried something new - I know I know, branching out :) with the breakfast burrito. It was tasty. Then again, everything at the beach is tasty! We came back to the house and sat on the porch for a while.  Jenn gave me the most adorable blue shell post it cubes, a pair of anchor earrings and a blue anchor bracelet - so totally me, love them! We talked for a while before Jenn left.

I went to Swain's Ace Hardware to pick up some toilet scrubbing brushes (super fun right?) that we had ordered. I put some money in the meter and then went to the mall. I looked around and saw so much more cute stuff. I still haven't been to all my favorite stores yet! I wandered into Tina's photography shop and spent some time chatting with her.

I came home and watered the flowers. The petunias are drooping. I'm such a crap flower lady, it's the cats' fault! They're having a hard time with the sun I guess. I also broke the corroded handle off the hose - good job right? At least we have a handy man who can fix it.

Super corroded and dirty from being outside at the beach! At least we can get it fixed - I felt so bad!

I walked around the corner to my neighbor Barbara's, who I have known for quite a few years. I write with her regularly during the year! I'm going to check in on her cat this week while she goes down to her grandson's elementary school graduation -- see, I'm always in the market for pet sitting cats no matter what state I'm in!

I came home, scrapbooked for a while. I was doing a book about our cat May who passed away last August. It made me really sad and realized how much I miss her! It's so weird not having her but I've almost gotten used to her not being around which made me feel terrible. I'll go snuggle with the cats at Animal Outreach tomorrow which will make me feel better. They have tabbies there like May so it's like her spirit is following me. I watched Long Island Medium while I did my scrapbooking - had to catch up on last week's shows!  I made myself dinner and chatted with mom while I did so. I had homemade pigs in a blanket and green beans. I did laundry afterwords and then sat out on the porch while I talked to both my grandmothers.

Then I watched new episdoes of Long Island Medium and Breaking Amish while writing in my Cape May journal and texting Malia. SOO excited for her to come up, it isn't soon enough! I found out while I was watching TV that Theresa Caputo (Long Island Medium) is coming to Atlantic City at the end of June while I'm still here. I really, really want to go. It would be amazing if my grandpa or great aunt came through! I don't know if she was doing like huge readings or what because it's a big theater. I hope I can go, but the tickets are super expensive so it's probably not going to happen.

I did dishes, laundry and got ready for bed. Tomorrow I will go to the post office, the Acme, Animal outreach and maybe the mall. I also have to get ready for the beach writers' conference!

xo,
capemaychick

2 comments:

  1. I'd be really surprised if Grandpa came through a median. I don't think he would be a believer. Aunt Bobbie -- different story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living the good life, my girl. I am just a tad jealous! Enjoy it ... you earned it this year. Look -- you can do anything now!

    ReplyDelete