Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday's Update // First Real Job

I woke up this morning and just felt no motivation to get up. I just am horribly worried about Sabrina. I would go home Monday if mom could get me or let me drive. I'm bummed I have to wait until Wednesday. I spoke with mom and it sounded like Sabs was the same and Henry had had diarrhea though. Poor buddy. I got up and ate a bowl of cereal and had a letter from Malia at Denise's - where I am.

I went over to the house and put my towels into the dryer and put the Brita pitcher away. I wrote the house letter to leave on the refrigerator because it never came in the mail from dad.  I face timed with mom and then locked up the owner's closet. I sat on the front porch for a while. Of course by 12:50 when I needed to leave I got totally soaked running ACROSS the street to Denise's so I had to change. I had leftover Chinese and salad for lunch. I watched Mystery Diners on the Food Network while I ate since nothing else was on. I ran into Denise outside and went up to the promenade to see the art show but it was still drizzling so I came back, in lieu of getting soaked again.

Working at the counter!

I walked with Denise and Nala around the block and talked to the Mockuses (our neighbors) and then sat on the porch while I watched the renters move in to the house. Looks like gradnparents & their kids and grandkids. I hope they don't use my room! It definitely feels majorly violating to know someone is living in your house. I really don't like it - it's one thing to think about them in theory but not actually see them!

I sat on Denise's porch and read/wrote letters. I left about 4:15 pm to get a sandwich from Zoe's. The meter I parked at had 30 minutes left on it which was awesome! I got a turkey club and fries. I headed over to Bliss and got there at 4:45 and stayed through 9:45 - even though they close at 9, someone called when I was getting ready to leave and I decided I could wait.

It was slow at first so I read my book and ate dinner. I sampled some ice cream too :) Slowly people started to trickle in. Between 7-8:30 I had a ton of people in. I only made $3.50 in tips. Food industry is tough! Hillary from Good Earth Organic Eatery (who shares space with Bliss) brought me a piece of pizza and it was really good. Made with carrot sauce, broccoli, spinnach, kale (OMG I ate kale), raddish and sea salt and olive oil. I can't wait to work
again tomorrow!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment