Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday - Beach Writer's Conference Day #2/Last Day // Watch the Tram Car Please

I woke up around 8 am and mom texted with me. I got up at 8:05 and started to get dressed. I got all of my stuff together, grabbed something to eat and said hi/bye to Bill and left. I made good time to the conference. I picked up a danish and sat down for the first two sessions.

Then at lunch time I drove to the Tom Cat Diner but it was closed! SO I knew I had a coupon for 10% off at the Pink Cadillac diner so I drove back to there. I had honey dipped chicken, salad, fries and cole slaw. It was pretty decent, but I wouldn't be in a rush to get back there anytime soon. The cashier forgot to ring up my coupon but already ran my credit card through - so she had to void the transaction. Hopefully I don't get double charged. Things were not going my way in way of food today!

On the tram car

I left the diner and went back to the conference for the next session which was boring. The conference was called Beach Writers' Conference, so I literally took it to mean that there would actually be writing about the beach. Turns out, it was more like - we're at the beach and it's a writing conference. So there was a lot on writing BOOKS/self publishing, fictional characters, etc. I'm not looking right now to write a book, it's definitely in the cards, but not quite yet. Overall, it was a nice two days to see more of Wildwood than I usually get to.

After the boring session, I went to go ride on the tram car! It's a little trolley like train they run up and down the boardwalk. The boardwalk is 1.8 miles long (yes I wikipedia'd that). So it was nice to see the opposite ends - because I normally walk the middle stretch. I took the tram for about an hour and got dropped off at the convention center for the last session.

I had never seen this sign before!

Riding the tram on the wrong side of the Wildwood sign.
I stayed afterwards for the cocktail hour, which was very mediocre with drinks you had to pay for and a scant amount of appetizers. It was also very awkward because I didn't know anyone there and the adults immediately hit up the liquor and started getting drunk....so I ended up coming home and getting dinner from the Cape Orient (best Chinese food I've had). I had chicken lo mein, dumplings and crab rangoons. I ate on the porch and read my book and then watched four shows all while scrapbooking. I talked to my family and then I got ready for bed. I have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow!


Came home to our door painted with our cat door knocker on it!


xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment