Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday at the Farmer's Market // Mucho caliente weather ☀☀☀

I woke up when my alarm went off at 10:40 am this morning, but didn't get out of bed until after 11:40. I sat out on the porch despite it being hot and humid. I read mom's old Cape May journal, it went back until 2003 and our first year at our now-house was 2007, so this is our 7th summer in this house.


Mom and I went to Big Wave Burritos to pick up everyone $2 fish tacos for dinner, rice and beans and chips. It was totally yummy! After lunch, I relaxed on the couch and watched The Fosters. Then, mom and I went to Exit Zero. I bought the Cape May flag pennant, a Cape Mayniac sticker and mom bought the clam drain game (like our neighbor's late husband played) and a Cool Cape May print for my room (has our street on it and the butterfly migration on it - my room is butterfly themed).

Then, we went to the Cape May Honey Farm and met the owner, Andi. We sampled honey and bought a jar of their local homemade honey and a "Bee the change you want to see in the world" wristlet.


We came home and chilled a bit before leaving for the West Cape May Farmer's Market. We got Empanada Mama's empanadas - so good as always. We got some twisted lemonade and saw our friends Tina and Don. We got some beautiful flowers and a basil plant from No Frills Farm and peas, cucumber, zuchinni and tomato from Rea's farm.  We spent time talking with Nicole and Mike and tried Bliss' mystery flavor. It was excellent and I will definitely post on my blog next Tuesday what it was! You get three guesses to guess what it is, and if you guess right you get it for free - and we got it! It was awesome.

On the way out of the Farmer's Market, we bought a bag of mini doughnuts - incredible! Came home and showered. We got a phone call from our friend & vet tech Teri - she lost her job which was so upsetting to hear. Teri is awesome and she is taking great care of Henry and Pearl at her Furry Dance B&B for Cats!

For dinner we had pasta with corn and the peas & zuchinni from the farmer's market. We also had some lobster. Had a cookie for dessert and watched Pretty Little Liars in my room. Talked to grandma and went to bed.

Tomorrow we will go antiquing and it's my last week day before my internship starts at Cape May magazine!

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment