Thursday, June 27, 2013

Internship Day #1

I woke up at 8 am when my alarm first went off. I got up and dressed and mom drove me to the Cape May Magazine office on the mall. I walked up a few minutes before 9 am and brought them my homemade cookies. They loved them! The editor had me write two articles for the website - capemay.com - about the goings on for July 4 and also just general July events.

Then I went to Hot Dog Tommy's for lunch. I had to wait a half an hour but it was totally worth the deliciousness that was his food. I had a slaw dog, macaroni and cheese and a frozen root beer. I ate on a bench at the mall.

At my internship

When I got back from lunch, I wrote an article all about the August events. All these articles are for the website! So cool! Then from 3:30 to 4:30 pm I went to the new Saltwater Cafe with Michelle (the photographer) to see the new renovations in the building. I took a tour while Michelle took stills and then I shot a video of the owner for our website.

They had some hor d'oeuves that were very fancy and I got to taste some, yum! After that, Michelle dropped me off at home and I got to tell mom and dad all about my day. I had a snack and got ready to go to Higbee's beach but it started storming. We sat on the porch. I read and finished my book.

We had really good BLT sandwiches for dinner. After dinner, Mom and I drove to Poverty beach to take a short walk. I found a milk top on the beach - those were Sabrina's favorite toys, I think it was a sign from her. It started to rain so we left.

Mom ran into fudge kitchen and we came home and had maple walnut, vanilla, vanilla marshmellow and chocolate walnut fudge.

I came upstairs and showered. I talked to both of my grandmas to tell them about the internship and then I got ready for bed.

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment