Friday, June 21, 2013

Old is the New New!

Woke up early enough today to actually eat breakfast and not go straight to lunch. Waffle with nutella and banana. Malia and I got dressed and left for Higbee's Beach. We got a little confused going there, drove by the alpaca farm! Ultimately found it, it's near the ferry terminal.

I saw a horseshoe crab stuck in the sand and I used my flip flops to get it into the water - #horseshoecrabrescue. Then I found some conch shells - whole, huge ones! But they actually had conches in them, so I couldn't take them :(

Malia found a huge piece of beach glass that looked like it was from the bottom of a bottle. I found a brown piece and we found some other shells, rocks too. We saw two dead sting rays. I had never seen them other than in the aquarium. So that was neat and we took a lot of pictures. We left and went to the big Acme (my fifth time) to get sushi for lunch (which we ate when we got home) and a few other things.

After lunch, we walked to the surf shack and split a black and white milk shake and took a short walk on the beach. We poked in Morrow's Nut House where I picked up some postcards. We walked down to the mall, looked in a lot of shops and down Pearl Street (saw Lotta and an orange/white cat) and then went home. We all chilled for a while.


Mom and dad bought Denise's old wicker porch furniture to replace the majority of ours, since she was getting new stuff. Bill spray painted it white, to give it a fresh look. We even got the swing, which I'm dying to use, and we will probably set it up in the fall :(

Tina brought by our metal prints, they look great. I hung out on the porch for a while, talked to grandma Zelda, saw a horse and carriage go down the street and pruned/watered my flowers. We talked with our neighbors about the houses for a while. later I showered.

We had gnocchi and ravioli for dinner around 7 ish. Malia and I baked 1.5 batches of chocolate chip cookies. I did laundry and wrote letters. We finished watching Soul Surfer. After we finished, we came upstairs and uploaded pictures. Tomorrow is Malia's last full day. Got to get a quality beach day in.

xo,
capemaychick

No comments:

Post a Comment