Friday, June 28, 2013

Horse Shoe Crab A Flippin'

It was harder to get up this morning so I stayed in bed an extra 15 minutes until 8:15 am. I got up and got dressed. Dad dropped me off and I went up to work. I started to proof read my articles from yesterday. I got two assignments, to write an article about the Saltwater Cafe that I went to yesterday as well as about the new ArtBOX opening in Wildwood (these articles are hyperlinked and while they have the editor's name, I did in fact write them!) Then I did some research for another article and also wrote up an article about what is happening in September in Cape May (they are now ahead a few months!).

I went to lunch across the street at Stewart's Root Beer. Had mini burgers and fries. I came back and made some phone calls and then got off early! Mom and dad and Michael picked me up. We went back to Teaberry Antiques to buy a few things we saw on Wednesday and still wanted to get. On the way home, we stopped at a farm stand and bought peas, tomatoes and cucumbers. We came home and I read my Jersey Tomatoes book both inside and outside.

L to R: Mom and I on the beach, the horse shoe crab I flipped over, my cake.

Our neighbor Barbara stopped by and we showed her the main level of our house and sat on the porch for a while. It was nice! After she left, mom and I went to Higbee's Beach. She didn't believe me where the beach was, because you kind of have to off road into the parking lot. As soon as we got on the beach I saw a piece of green beach glass! I also found another small piece of green and a square piece of clear beach glass on our walk. I also found some pretty rocks.

We saw a TON of horse shoe crabs and I flipped some over. We got back to the car and I realized I didn't have my iPhone. MASS PANIC IGNITES! I ran down the path and saw someone with my phone, thank god! It really would've sucked/ruined my vacation not to have my phone. It's a little sandy but I can deal with that.

We came home, showered and I watched Catfish on my computer. We had ravioli, gnocchi with fresh peas and salad on the porch. After dinner I went to the Acme for some groceries to bake Nicole's cake. I baked it and watched The Show with Vinny and threw in a load of laundry. The cake came out SO good! We all had cake and glasses of milk.

I came upstairs, finished watching the Show with Vinny, updated my blog and got ready for bed. Thank goodness I will get to sleep in tomorrow!

xo,
capemaychick

1 comment:

  1. get follow by email girlfriend!
    I didn't even know about this blog!
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete