Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday - RIP Sabrina, eternal love!

I woke up this morning just feeling immensely depressed. Mom was at the doctor and I was texting her. I got up and showered and laid down again in bed and looked for pictures of Sabrina again on my Facebook. I facetimed with mom and I got to say goodbye to Sabrina, before mom and dad took her to the vet to put her down. She was not getting better, and she was definitely not living life the way we wanted her to. I spent time talking to mom and texting her at the vet and just bawling. I can't believe my Bean is gone :(

It's definitely hard not to be there. It doesn't feel real except I facetimed with Bean before she was gone. I'm not going to go home, seeing that it wouldn't make much of a difference now. It will save everyone time and make mom's life easier to not have to come and get me from the ferry. It's hard and really sucks to know it's going to be so long before I see my cats - it feels even harder to be away for six weeks total after going through such an emotional time.

I came down around 12:30 to tell Denise and Todd that Sabrina was gone. Denise gave me a big hug and it's just so so so hard to lose her. We all just sat and talked for a bit. Then I had a package of crackers because that's all I felt like I could manage to eat, and I went to run errands with Denise.

Kitty I bought at Whale's Tale

We went to the vet to pick up medicine for Denise's dogs, to CVS where I picked up some nail polish and chocolate, and to the Acme to get some food. I came back and had a snack and then drove to Bliss on the mall because it was raining. I hung out with Nicole and Hudson and briefly saw Mike and Tina too. Nicole made me a fresh turkey avocado sandwich - yummy. I had half of it there and the rest for dinner. I went to Whale's Tale and bought a black and white stuffed cat for me (mom said to since I was lonely and sad about Sabrina - it was too bad they didn't have an all black cat but it was close enough). I also bought a favorite cat book of mine for Nicole's kids and a copy of the new Exit 0 magazine.

I never saw this on any of my walks before - cool. I felt Sabrina was with me.

I came back to Denise's and sat with Todd and ate dinner. I decided I would take Nala on a walk and ended up walking her for forty minutes. I'm not a walker, it was kind of warm outside and I really just needed a distraction and escape from reality. I watched Nala get to meet some kids and then a family who said they saw her from around the corner and specifically came out to say hi to her. So sweet. I totally love her and if you know me, you know I'm not really a dog person but I've been charmed!

I came back and had ice cream with Denise. Stayed up with Todd and watched tv and talked about journalism. It was about 1:30 am when I came up for bed so I just got dressed and right into bed. What a draining day.

Walk? Did someone say Walk? Yeah yeah yeah!


xo,
capemaychick


RIP Sabrina Alice Shubin 5/11/09-6/10/13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment